5 Reasons Why A Videographer Is Important For Your Event
Now that we have small sophisticated computers with us all the time, it’s easy to wonder about whether or not bringing a videographer to your event can be helpful. There’s no question that shooting video and storing devices has become easier. So what can a videographer offer?
- Post-processing. As sophisticated as devices have become, the computing power needed to edit and process video is still greater than a phone or regular point and shoot cameras (and even some standard computers) can handle. Outside of the shooting times, there is stitching, tracking, editing and processing for video that needs to be done. In fact, many videographers spend more time editing than they do in filming – time you can spend enjoying the event and the days to come.
- To make the most of an event, there is no better way than to be there in the moment. Filming it yourself means that you now have two tasks: make your own memories and make sure they’re captured correctly on camera. It is difficult to do both, and impossible to do both well at the same time. It is easy to forget that there are some memories you can redo, and enjoying them in person is priceless. You guests will be at ease as well, even if they start filming. Living the memories through a screen isn’t the same.
- Big days and beautiful moments have no do-overs. Did you frame that shot correctly? Was everyone in focus? When you were checking, what else did you miss? This is something we often don’t realize until it’s too late. Those times are priceless and giving everyone the chance to be there instead of filming is a great gift.
- Since there are no do-overs, what can we do? Prepare! A videographer knows best where to be, what is happening next, and is most prepared to safeguard against missed or mis-directed shots. Sturdy equipment handled well at your event can be tremendously important to making sure the footage is also protected in case of rain, hard drive failures, or accidents. Anything can still happen, but hiring a professional can keep you another step away from disaster.
- The skills of the professional. Years of training, love of the process, and the talent behind the camera will all help you to look your best on your big day. Videography is art, and hiring someone with year of practice is a perfect way to keep your big day in focus.