Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Choosing the perfect wedding flowers is an important aspect of the planning process, and considering the season in which your wedding will take place can help ensure that your floral arrangements are fresh and in-season. Here are 10 tips for choosing seasonal wedding flowers that complement your style and venue:
- Consider the season: When choosing your wedding flowers, be sure to consider the season in which your wedding will take place. In-season flowers will not only be more readily available, but they will also likely be at their peak of freshness and beauty.
- Match the flowers to your venue: The flowers you choose should complement the overall aesthetic of your venue. If you’re having a rustic barn wedding, for example, a bouquet of wildflowers or a floral crown of baby’s breath would be a perfect match. On the other hand, a formal ballroom wedding might call for more elegant and formal arrangements of roses or peonies.
- Choose flowers that are in-season: In-season flowers are not only more readily available, but they will also likely be at their most affordable. Some popular spring flowers include tulips, daffodils, and peonies, while summer is a great time for sunflowers, daisies, and roses. Fall weddings are perfect for incorporating autumnal blooms like chrysanthemums and marigolds, while winter weddings can be enhanced with festive flowers like poinsettias and holly.
- Consider the color scheme: Choose flowers that complement your wedding color scheme. If you’re going for a classic white and green palette, consider incorporating a mix of white flowers like roses and lilies with greenery like eucalyptus and ferns.
- Think about the fragrance: Some flowers have a stronger fragrance than others, so be sure to consider this when choosing your wedding flowers. If you’re planning a small, intimate wedding, you may want to opt for more fragrant flowers like gardenias or jasmine to add a romantic touch.
- Consider the symbolism: Many flowers have traditional symbolic meanings, so be sure to choose blooms that reflect the sentiment you want to convey. For example, red roses symbolize love and passion, while white lilies symbolize purity and innocence.
- Think about the arrangements: In addition to bouquets and boutonnieres, there are many other ways to incorporate flowers into your wedding. Consider adding flowers to your ceremony and reception decor, such as centerpieces and altar arrangements.
- Work with a florist: A professional florist can help you choose the right flowers and create stunning arrangements that complement your style and vision. They can also help you stay within your budget and ensure that your flowers are fresh and in-season.
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match: While you may have a specific flower in mind, don’t be afraid to mix and match different blooms to create a unique and personalized bouquet or arrangement. You can mix flowers of different colors and shapes to create a cohesive look that reflects your personal style. Additionally, consider incorporating other elements such as greenery, fruit, or even feathers to add texture and interest to your arrangements. Remember to choose flowers that are in season and available locally to ensure that they are fresh and affordable. With a little creativity and some careful planning, you can create beautiful and memorable floral arrangements that perfectly complement your wedding style and theme.
- Work with a professional florist: Choosing the right wedding flowers can be overwhelming, especially if you’re not sure what’s in season or what will complement your style and venue. Working with a professional florist can take the stress out of the process and ensure that you have beautiful, seasonal flowers on your special day.
Conclusion: Choosing the right wedding flowers is an important part of any wedding, and by considering the season, your style, and your venue, you can ensure that your flowers complement your big day. Don’t be afraid to mix and match different blooms, and consider working with a professional florist to take the stress out of the process. With these tips, you can have the perfect wedding flowers to make your day even more special.
Here at Once Upon A Time Events, we provide a variety of planning, decorating and floristry. We are a certified florists and can provide a wide range of flowers from around the world through our wholesale supplier. Contact Us Today to discuss your floral needs!